Sustainable harbours and marinas
Different types of pollutants occur in soil and sediment at harbours, marinas and moorings. These are often remnants of boat bottom paint (TBT, organotin compounds), metals and oil pollutants, all in concentrations that can be dangerous to both people and the environment.
To get an idea of what the soil is contaminated with and in what concentrations, an environmental technical soil survey needs to be done. It may be necessary before an exploitation, when the land is to be re-used, such as when properties are to be transferred or when the issue of liability needs to be investigated.
New - analysis package for boat bottom paint
Through its own laboratory, IVL Swedish Environmental Institute has developed an analysis package for boat bottom paint that is aimed at marinas, boat clubs and harbours. The test gives an answer as to whether the boats bottom is painted with a paint that contains biocides and may need to be decontaminated.
Order the number of scratch tests needed for your boat club. The order includes sample bags, an order form where samples and boats are connected and a guide for sampling. The analysis package includes the substances copper, zinc, tin, lead, barium, nickel and costs SEK 1,500 each including VAT. For larger orders, the price picture can be discussed. 15 days analysis time.
IVL offers both individual surveys and package solutions for the entire process, from inventory to cost-effective and sustainable measures.
We help you with:
- Inventory and risk classification of pollution and emission risks at ports, marinas and harbours (MIFO phase 1).
- Environmental technical investigation with sampling of soil, water and sediment (MIFO phase 2).
- Risk assessment of the impact on human health and the environment.
- Action investigation and action plan with cost / benefit analysis
- Responsibility investigation.
- Environmental and emissions control; rinsing water, storm water and spills from activities
- Self-control plan.
- EDD, Environmental Due Diligence - assessment of pollution load and action costs before a start-up, transfer or termination.
- Environmental permit at start-up or change of port: Investigations for environmental impact assessment (EIA) and technical execution.
- Project and procurement support.
- Advice and support in contacts with the supervisory authority.
- Analyzes and measurements of hazardous substances tailored to marinas and marinas.
- Lectures and customized courses according to your specific needs. It can be about how marine activities and boat clubs can make demands on their members, how regional or local supervision can get started and receive support with effective supervision of marine activities in order to achieve risk-reducing measures.
Enter your email address and choose which area you want to know more about, and we will contact you.